Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Case of mistaken identity - 17th Jan

The breakfast buffet manager greeted me today with an unsual mischief lurking in his smile ... after the usual good morning he told me that people here are mistaking me for Sehwag! A staff member even placed a bet of 1000 Rs ... While I was ecstatic at this association with Veeru, I feel sorry for the guy who placed 1000 bucks on me ... I almost feel like "re-imbursing" him :)

In a similar vein, while I was talking with my grandma, I thought I would tell her about my brush with Yuvraj ... so I asked her "Mummy do you know who Yuvraj Singh is?" and she replied "Yes! he is the son of some xyz in some saas-bahu serial!" ... I found this really amusing ... it just shows how different fields are important to different people and how even a celebrity name is not guaranteed to be a primary key!

On a different note, we finally had "Chaat" in MS Cafeteria ... Nitu had been eagerly looking forward for this moment and I think she was not disappointed ...

8 comments:

Sandeep Karanth said...

Nice!!!! :)

Eagerly waiting to read more of these....

Aditya Kapoor said...

I envy you :)... what else can I say...I wish I was there....

Anonymous said...

me too mee too!! i envy you too!!!! aur phir kaam shuru ho gaya kya?? car ekdam mast chal rahi hai! bahot accha lag raha hai! missing you both!! enjoy the chaat and dosas and parathas!!!!!

Parth said...

Man, this is hilarious. Good to know that you both are settling down. The start couldn't be more auspicious ... meeting Indian cricketers :-)

Anonymous said...

saheee.. Veeru... yeh look ka funda tha ki actual game performance ka?? and brush with YS.. where how??

Anonymous said...

ohh that anonymous was roli..

Upanshu Singhal said...

Bhai jalan to apne ko bhi hein. Lekin ye batao ki tumhe Sehwag se kaise compare kiya, tumhare sir per to bahut baal hein yaar, aur wo thoda mota bhi ho gaya hein.

Abhinav Dhasmana said...

Hilarious.......par mast starting of indian stay.... hope you have better meetings to come....

Billu bhaiya se kab milva rahe ho?